No one can deny the usefulness of the bathrooms as they are the most commonly used areas of the house. The history of bathrooms goes back to the time where you cannot even imagine. Since the need of humans for the toilet and bathing is as old as the history of humans itself, therefore the importance of bathrooms is evident. However, it took a very long time for the idea of development of the restrooms and washrooms as bathrooms. Today, there are bathrooms in every single house, in the cities and in the countries as well.
The functionality and usefulness of the bathrooms these days has increased so much that they are considered as the most vital part of the house. The bathrooms, not only provide you a space for the relaxing, but they also provide you with warmth, comfort, plumbing and privacy. The intricate and modern designs of the bathrooms are becoming very common these days and this is the reason why many people are getting their bathrooms remodeled for the modern look of it.
If you are considering the remodel of your bathroom soon and you want to get the best out of the investment that you are putting in it, you need to go through the following tips.
- The low flow model of the toilets is highly recommended to be used in the bathrooms where the space is less and the redesign is meant to bring more space. In this design, the water tank of the toilet resides inside the wall while only the seat hangs outside.
- When choosing the tiles for your shower, go for the one that has a small sized texture on it but more grout. This is advised because of the fact that the grout helps you from slipping while taking a bath.
- Instead of going for the pipes with 1-inch width, go for those that are 2-inch-wide so that they won’t clog easily and the cleaning process too becomes easier.
- When designing the bathroom, ask yourself if you really want to add a bath tub to it? That would be required only, if you are actually going to take baths frequently. The baths are different from the showers and they are a luxurious way of enjoying water and fragrances. But one hardly gets any time for the baths. And they take most of the space of the bathroom as well. So work on this before accepting a bath tub in your remodel.
- In the redesign, you need to make sure that there is access to natural light in it in full. Also the lighting fixtures that you add to the bathroom, must be intricate and functional. Adding lights around the mirror helps a lot in the grooming of facial hair and makeup. Recessed lights when added to the ceiling, can help get the desired amount of light all the time.